Program Leader- Middle School
We invite applications for the position of:
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Anticipated Start Date: To be determined
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 2:00 PM-6:00 PM Wednesday 1:30 PM-6:00 PM including occasional morning shifts from 7:00 AM.-9:00 AM.
The Livermore Area Recreation and Park District is currently recruiting for Program Leaders to assist in our after-school program for middle school students, to provides a safe, fun place before and after school, along with summer and school release days. The program consists of daily homework help, clubs, group work, and intermural sports throughout the four Livermore middle schools.
Under immediate supervision, performs routine support duties for child development services in Youth Services programs; assists children in activities; and performs related work as required.
Please submit a District application and resume online at http://www.larpd.org/employment/employment.html. Applicants who do not submit all required documents may not be considered.
Based upon on all submitted materials, the applicants presenting the best job-related qualifications will be invited to proceed in the recruitment process.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, or currently enrolled in child development Regional Occupational Program (ROP).
- Experience working with children in a childcare or educational setting is desirable.
- Child development services, operations, and activities.
- Modern office practices, methods, computer equipment, and applications related to the work.
- Principles and practices for providing high level of customer service
- Learn policies, rules, regulations, operations, services, and activities related to assigned activities.
- Assist in maintaining the safety of program activities and participants.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Perform work as directed in an efficient, effective, safe, and timely manner.
- Make basic mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completion of American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED training within six months of hire and maintained throughout employment.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Medical exam, legally mandated immunizations, tuberculosis, and drug testing clearance.
For additional information and to apply please visit: http://www.larpd.org/employment/employment.html