Tax Year 2020 is delayed by IRS to start February 12, 2021
For Families with Income Less Than $75,000
Tri-Valley Career Center will continue to offer in-person Drop-off /Pick-up services for your 2020 taxes. Bring your tax documents to our drop-off location for review with an IRS Certified Volunteer, then return the following week to sign and pickup your returns. We will e-file the returns on your behalf.
For taxpayers who qualify for VITA free services and are able to submit all documents electronically, a 100% virtual process will also be available after February 10, 2021.
To serve you better during Covid-19 and this year’s tax season, we will meet with clients at an outdoor location that allows greater safety for our clients and our IRS Certified Volunteers.
Dublin Professional Center
7600 Dublin Boulevard
Dublin, CA 94568
Drop-Off and Virtual Tax Preparation Services
This year Tri-Valley Career Center will be working with clients in two different ways, based on their needs: In-person drop-off or through entirely remote means.
In Person Drop-off /Pick-up Services
By appointment only, drop-off documents on Wednesday or Saturday and pick-up one week later, according to the following schedule:
Drop-Off February 10 through April 7 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pick-Up February 17 through April 14 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drop-Off February 13 through April 10 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pick-Up February 20 through April 14 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fully remote services through online methods and no in-person contact. For taxpayers who qualify for VITA free services and are able to submit all their tax documents electronically, This 100% virtual process will be available after February 10, 2021 and we’ll post further instructions at that time.
- We will conduct a thorough interview to avoid missing information.
- We will keep your tax documents to prepare your tax returns.
- It will take about one week to have your return finalized.
- Make a Drop-off Appointment
- Prepare for the Appointment
- Go to The Drop-off Appointment
- Bring original photo ID to prove your identity such as CA drivers license, passport, etc.
- Bring copies of your photo ID and Social Security cards for everyone on the tax return, including children. We will match the copies against your originals.
- Bring all tax documents listed in the What to Bring List. If in doubt, bring it anyway.
- Wait one week while we prepare and check your tax returns
- As an IRS-certified VITA site, your return will be prepared by one VITA volunteer and quality reviewed by another VITA volunteer.
- When your tax returns are ready for review, you will receive a phone call from the Quality Reviewer to schedule a telephone or Zoom call to review and approve your returns.
- Return to pick up your documents and copies of tax returns
- This will typically be one week after drop-off, but it may be longer if we need to wait for additional documents or information.
- At the pick-up, we will return all original documents, all copies you made for us, and provide copies of your tax returns.
- You will be asked to sign the e-file authorization forms required for us to e-file tax returns on your behalf.
Please Note: We depend on you to provide the required information and documents needed to prepare complete and accurate returns. You have the final responsibility for the income tax returns and, therefore, you should review them carefully before you sign the e-file authorization. We are not responsible for the inclusion of doubtful deductions or inadequately supported documentation, nor for resulting taxes, penalties, or interest.
You must follow all Safety Requirements
Due to COVID-19 health restrictions, we have modified our tax preparation services in order to continue serving our community. The above protocol has been reviewed and approved. We must adhere to the protocols as outlined and follow all State Safety Requirements. With this in mind, you are required to respect and follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not come to your appointment if you are sick (fever, cough)
- Do not come to your appointment if you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14-days
- Keep a safe distance of at least 6-feet apart
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Use hand sanitizer at all the times
- Contact us if you development COVID-19 symptoms within a week of your appointment
For questions, please contact us at (925)416-5100
To find a VITA site close to you area, call the United Way helpline dialing: 2-1-1